MANY NAMES. ONE CHURCH.
The roots of Metropolitan go back to the 1930s when radio Bible teacher E.F. Webber began leading tent revivals in the city on 23rd. Eventually, this meeting evolved into a church, and in December 1943 “City Bible Church” was “born.” Later the church was renamed to “Metropolitan Baptist Church” in 10950. The church had a steady growth in the 1950s, 60s, and 70s under the leadership of Dr. David Cotten. Eventually, Dr. Cotten accepted a position on the faculty of Dallas Seminary, and his replacement Dr. Randy Faulkner took the helm of leadership. In the fall of 2018, the congregation called Dr. John Frawley to take Metropolitan into the next chapter. On November 3rd, 2019, the church took the name “Metropolitan Bible Church” as a way to honor the past but look forward to a bright future.